Our company’s UAV Services team needs a motivated, results-driven, Overseas UAV Pilot to drive operational execution of Swift Tactical Systems (STS) existing contract with the Government of the Bahamas, as well as grow existing contracts with domestic and international sales of UAV’s and UAV services.
The successful candidate will understand the dynamics of interacting within a high-performing team, operating and maintaining unmanned aerial vehicles and associated radios and payloads, interfacing with both working level and high-level government individuals, coordinating in-country UAV operations, coordinating logistical support, and conducting both domestic and international customer flight demonstrations and services.
Our ideal candidate will have experience operating multi-rotor and fixed-wing aircraft that utilize Pixhawk flight controllers, UAV service operations, working as an independent operator or as part of a service team, and coordination of logistics associated with UAV services. The candidate will have in depth experience troubleshooting Pixhawk flight controllers, networking computers, IP equipment, cameras, and software defined radios.
The candidate will have experience with operating UAV’s, both individual and as part of a service team, interfacing with customers, conducting UAV operational missions, and a good understanding of features and benefits of value proposition selling and conducting product demonstrations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Deliver excellent customer service that ensures successful execution of contract deliverables.
- Develop and cultivate strong customer relationships with contractual parties and related entities to ensure clear communication and coordination during execution of the contract is achieved. These relationships will include both working level and high-level government individuals.
- Conduct flight and maintenance operations, including UAV missions and performing maintenance on all UAV’s associated with the contract. Experience with Pixhawk hardware and software is a must. Experience troubleshooting EMI, RF, networking, and other operational hurdles.
- Conduct aeronautical and maintenance instruction for Swift products to the customer, ensuring robust training is delivered to enable customer flight operations and recurring maintenance on all platforms.
- Provide instruction, assistance, and on-the-job training in flight operations, and removing and installing components
- Provide instruction, assistance, and on-the-job training in handling equipment, special tools, and test equipment
- Provide interpretation of technical data set forth in OEM maintenance manuals
- Ensure training records are maintained for each individual student to include accounting reports, attendance, evaluations, certificates, etc…
- Provide instruction on a range of aviation and maintenance tasks involving aviation knowledge, flight briefing, flight operations, mechanical, electrical, engine, structural and avionics systems.
- Contribute to the development of instructional systems and material related to UAV flight operations.
- Troubleshooting equipment in the field. This includes Pixhawk autopilots, software defined radios, computer networking, and long-range data transmission.
- Support the initial setup, build-out, and recurring operations of UAV sites. Duties will include emplacement / displacement / inspection / disposition / repair and replenishment of associated equipment as well as proper notation of logbooks, flight records, and maintenance records.
- Assist in building a system to enable the customer to conduct all aspects of flight operations including flight briefs, mission planning, risk mitigation, post-flight briefing, and maintenance.
- Comfortable with various UAV payloads and radios, to include the ability to support integration into the entire UAV system and instruct others on the capabilities and operation.
- Provide reports of field operational status, success, forecasts, and communicate execution data to the Operations Manager.
- Assist in flight testing of UAVs & drones and expanding the operational knowledge of other team members.
- Assist in the development of UAV & drone training and operational manuals.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years’ work experience in the UAS/Drone industry is preferred.
- Prior deployed experience as a UAS crewmember a desired plus.
- Experience in the aerospace/defense market is a plus.
- Can articulate complex concepts and processes in writing.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment; ability to work well under tight deadlines and effectively interact with a wide range of personnel. Dependable team player with positive “can-do” attitude.
- Computer and internet proficiency, experience in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Problem Solving, Deadline-Oriented, Process Improvement, Coordination, Strategic Planning, Market Knowledge.
- Well-organized with multi-task ability and time management skills.
- FAA part 107 license with 3+ years of SUAS operation experience preferred.
- Extensive fixed wing SUAS and multi-rotor experience preferred.
- Experience in designing and executing UAV/Drone flight plans.
- Experience in developing CONOPS.
- Experience operating Pixhawk in various environments.
- Networking experience will be integral to success.
Field work at both airfield and remote UAS sites. Office environment, indoors, occasionally may be in an open shop environment.
Stationed onsite in the Bahamas for the first 1 year of the contract, with rotations back to the U.S. expected to be 1 week per quarter.
Housing in the Bahamas provided.
Some weekend or evening work may be required.
Field work while conducting UAV demonstrations at airfields and approved test sites.
Manual dexterity with fingers to type, write, pick up objects. Ability to answer phones, speak clearly, listen and assist employees and customers.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Must be ITAR qualified. To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
US Passport required.
Military service is a plus.
Overseas experience and some foreign language are highly desirable.
Swift Tactical Systems is an EOE.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Overseas UAV Program Site Lead
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com